Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Moosemuss!

Funny how sometimes something you just can't quite put a finger on, but instinctively feel, becomes instantly clear in the naked light of day. I spent most of my idle time (and granted that was not much) the past two days trying to make sense of the Miers' nomination. My first reactions can be seen here and here. I must say that snarky comment on "whomever has kidnapped President Bush..." was probably the best part of that insta-reax.

I'll admit I was underwhelmed, but the more I thought about it, the more I truly felt there must be some deeper strategy at work here -- and most definitely NOT a sacrificial lamb kind of strategy. But I just couldn't quite put my finger nor my thoughts on it. BAM! All of a sudden, Major Mike has identified it. "It" goes by the acronym of "Moosemuss". An excerpt:

"I don’t buy the theory that in an instant, the President, who incidentally, got the GWOT right, and the John Roberts nomination right. Who has Dick Cheney as his VP and Condi Rice as his SOS…blew a gasket and has gotten this completely wrong. I thought…maybe …MOOSEMUSS...the easily learned acronym that highlights the nine, generally accepted, Principles of War...I suggest that avoiding a battle here, and out maneuvering the Dems, will cause them more problems than Harriet Miers will ever cause conservative Republicans." Read it all.

H/T to Hugh Hewitt for the heads-up on Major Mike's brilliant piece.

1 comment:

Major Mike said...

G-Man thanks for the print and the good ink...I'll be back to your site. MM